This document defines the manner in which Honest History Co. collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of the honesthistorymag.com website (“Site”). This document also governs the Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) for honesthistorymag.com. This document applies to the Site and all products and services offered by Honest History Co.
By using this Site and any of our products and services, you acknowledge that you have read, accepted and agree to our terms. Honest History Co. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes before using the Site. This policy is effective from August 1, 2018.
When we may collect information, including, but not limited to:
· Visiting the Site or creating an account on the Site
· Placing an order or purchasing a subscription
· Subscribing to our newsletter
· Entering a contest or giveaway
· Emailing or calling us
Information we may collect:
· User’s full name
· User’s address and email
· Phone number
· Billing information, including credit card information
· demographic information such as age, postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and/or giveaways
· We may also collect non-personal identification information, including, but not limited to:
· Browser and system information, operating system, and ISP
· Site activity, content you view, length of time on Site, and web-traffic referral
· IP (Internet Protocol) address and your device’s approximate location at the time of
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
We do not seek sensitive personal information such as your race, religion, the Hogwarts house you belong to, political associations, or how many hairs are on your head.
How we use your information:
· Fulfill orders and track subscriptions, shipping and refunds
· Periodically email about order information, special offers, new products and other
· Improve our products and services
· Contact you for contest/giveaway purposes or market research purposes
· Customize the website according to your interests
· We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional
· We will never sell your information
How we protect your information:
We are committed to protecting all personal information and use industry-standard storage and processing methods. SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. When an automatic payment is completed on a subscription, an order is generated to keep a record of the payment, securely.
We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it. The retention period depends upon the purpose for which we have received or collected the data and upon any legal obligations to retain the data.
Controlling your personal identification information:
· You must “opt-in” to receive direct marketing, by selecting a box during checkout process
or entering your email in one of the Site’s forms
· If you change your mind, you may opt-out of any direct marketing at any time by emailing
us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· You may request to view, update or delete any or all personal identification data belonging
to you, except that which is required to be maintained by law, at any time by emailing
email@example.com. Data deletion requests are handled within 30
days of User notifying us.
· A request for data deletion may hinder order requests, including shipping and refunds
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
Links to other websites
Terms & Conditions
When you purchase products offered through one of our websites or publications, we collect your credit card and other payment information, including address, phone number, and email. We use this information to process your orders and to keep a record of transactions in case you need to contact us in the future.
Print and digital subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term. Renewal charges will be applied through the same method of payment that was originally provided. Payment methods can be changed by logging into your account. The auto-renew option can also be canceled on your account and your subscription will expire at the end of its term. When you purchase a subscription to Honest History, your information is added to our newsletter database in order for you to create your full account. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter database at any time.
Exchanges and Refunds
We are unable to exchange and refund delivered print items, such as magazines and posters. However, if you never received your print items or received the wrong item please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue. Should a product be subject to further conditions relating to its eligibility for a refund or exchange it will be advertised accordingly. Refunds will be issued to your original payment method. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Prices and Currency
Prices are expressed in USD, specified on the receipt of purchase and must be paid in the Sell Currency. When the purchase is paid with a foreign currency, the exchange rate is determined by the customer’s bank. Sales taxes such as GST or VAT may be charged in accordance with the laws of the customer’s location, and where applicable will be converted at a rate determined by the customer’s bank.
The shop is intended for Users who are sixteen (16) years of age or older, and any purchases made on the Site’s shop by a person fifteen (15) years of age or younger should be made under the supervision of a legal parent or guardian who is fully able and competent to comprehend and adhere to the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement and on the shop, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Honest History Co.
P.O. Box 50515
Los Angeles, CA 90050